mandag den 23. december 2013

Homo Sapiens' Civilisation: Quarks to Quasars

So I had a thought
And when i got home, it seemed like, someone else got it as well
How can we optimize the earth?
How can we make the best of it?
For all of us?
It started out with me being curious about
what Denmark
should be producing
to make the best of it
I personally think the heads on the castle are right
in that we need to create
a steady supply
of smart people
but what should our land be used for?
What will give us the most profit for our hunk of land?
Then I got the idea of trying it out in settelers
make some advanced rules
like what Denmark actually gets
like
sunshine
and limestone in our underground
and waves
and whatever
but do it for the whole world :D
like in the desert they get a crap ton of sunshine hours
I think ^^
And up north I guess they at least got a steady supply of clean water

We should figure out where it makes sense to live :D
I primarily think of moving to the oceans
but why do we still drive on the ground?
It makes so much more sense
to move above it
or below it
above it you don't have to deal with mountains
and deer
and kids
and shit
and below ground
you don't have to deal with snow
and water
and kids
and shit
makes the road building much easier as well
just dig in straight lines
and then make roundabouts for every intersection
no need for you to pilot it then either ^^
I got the idea that maybe
if we plan on feeding 13 billion people pretty soon
turning the planet into a green house
might not be the worst idea ever ^^
then just deal with the rest :D
I mean if we could just pick the water from the sky
when its over the oceans
where it gets stormy
and scary
and put it back over the mountains
where it can rain down on the slopes
for us to pick up when we need
or just on the fields
and forests

So when I got home, I saw a post, from 'From Quarks to Quasars', about humanity's role in the destruction of the world - and the hubris of doomsday prophecies.
Fun stuff :D - ending with "So technically, it is nearly (if not entirely) impossibly for humans to destroy the Earth.

However, our inability to destroy the planet really isn't the ultimately point. It seems all too easy to assert that we cannot hope to really have a significant influence on life, the planet, the universe–anything–and through these statements justify our irresponsible actions. ...]

I think it's kind of poetic.
While I can see a potential problem between my liberation-of-humidity proposal, and wildlife groups. I completely agree, that we should try to be as nice about it as possible, to everyone else on the planet :D - and we can at least try, to make life, for the species that decide they like the way we run things, better for all of us.

I actually think the article is really good, as always ^^ - if you don't, you really should, follow 'From Quarks to Quasars' on Facebook, or Twitter... something :D

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar