mandag den 30. december 2013

Welcome to Eden

"Welcome to Eden"
As the bright spots slowly cleared from my vision, I found myself in the centre of a huge dome. Behind me I could see an enormous gate, in a strange glowing material.
I looked around the room for the source of the voice, but everything seemed completely empty.
I went back to the gate, to check out the source of the glowing, but, to my surprise, my hands went straight through it, without leaving any trace I had ever touched it.
At least the floor seemed solid enough and, though the walls of the dome was only visible as a reflection of the glow from the gate, they raised no immediate cause for concern either.
"Hello?" I tried, noticing the absence of echo.
"Welcome to Eden." A light flickered for a moment. Suddenly an old man appeared before me, smiling from ear to ear.
"I am the caretaker."
"Eden?" I asked.
"Upon your arrival Eden was chosen as a temporary name, given it's estimated meaning, in your vocabulary."
"Meaning what?" Not believing in any religion made me a bit wary of this development.
"This is, to our best knowledge, the oldest matter dominated universe in existence, this is the first recorded multi verse bubble. And this is where the last inhabitants left, searching for a new home."
"And you are the caretaker?"
"Yes."
"Of what?"
"This bubble is shielded from the development of space around it. This entire universe has been void of biological life for a long time.
I monitor and relay information about the current development of this universe, and on occasion I help out stranded travelers. at the current rate the last star will ignite before I get another visit."
"Help? Can you get me home?" I felt the hope flare inside.
"That depends on your knowledge of your own universe, but I can promise you, that this is not the most exciting place to spend eternity."
"Okay. What do you need from me?"
"What is the answer to life, the universe and everything?"
For a moment I was completely stunned. "42?"
"Seems reasonable." The caretaker smiled as the gate came to life with a low hum.
"Is it that easy?" I asked perplexed.
"If your calculations are correct, this should get you home."
"And what if it was just a line from a fictional story? What if I don't know?"
"Then at least it is somewhere other than here, and no amount of eternity will get you closer to the answer, you will just have to hope or believe."

So this may be new to some of you
I have a story
I want to tell
And I am doing so
Little by little

This is meant to be the resolution
The last page before the end

Earlier this year I posted my point of no return on 'Fyldepennen'
I guess the reason I am still writing
Is to give you guys a little insight
And to ask for help
I pretty much got the story
In my head
And when I feel like it
I guess it comes out okay
On paper
The thing is
I am not sure I am satisfied with 'okay'
What I write
Is what I see
In my head
But I have a feeling there might be a lot more to tell about the places I visit
If anyone fell like writing a picture of a timeless gate
Frozen in space
I'll buy you a cookie

Soon™ to come:
Near future
(At)Lantis
Post apocalypse
Utopia
Giant ants
Space
A variety of poor excuses to rationalise travel between universes
And a number of wise helpers (all me of cause)

I don't really see this becoming a big hit in like ever, but I would really like to tell my vision for the future, before I get to old to remember :D

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar