mandag den 10. februar 2014

African beef

I just saw one of those episodes
That make your faith in humanity a little stronger
But at the same time show how docked up the world is
So I'm walking on my usual path
Going towards my winter spot
I walk past a guy
Staggering like he was drunk
Just as I pass him
A bottle collector turns to him and asks if he is hungry
Now they could be friends
Which will make this kind of pointless
As feeding your friends would be a given for me
But say they aren't
This gesture from one of the poorest my society can manage
Made me believe in the human race
But really
It should have been me asking
Or someone who could actually afford to feed the poor
That should be the next "folkegave"
Food for everyone
The people who give a shit about opera
Or spiritual wellness
Can afford to pay for it
But then again
Shouldn't the bear nessescities be the first thing we paid for?
I think my vision requires robots to do our work
Which at this rate will be like ten years
When we don't need people to be slaves anymore
We really should consider
Feeding
Housing
Educating
And empowering
Of everyone
To be a top priority
Like Dr. Tyson said
Imagine how many opportunities, for great discovery, might have been lost, in the last thousand years, where education has been hindered.
But I think it starts with us starting to take care of each other
It is so ridiculous to fight over food
When the only way to get enough
Is to stop fighting
And start growing
The right way
I don't know if I want to go into what I think I'd the right way
Basically because I don't necessarily know enough
But also because it can easily get into GMO vs. Organic
And I basically believe one needs to be tested
And the other needs to be updated
9 billion in what? 30-50 years?
Maybe faster?
GMO sounds good
If it doesn't rid the earth of other stuff we might need later
And organic sounds nice
But at the moment I'm seeing local greenhouses
And not as much innovation as I would like
I get that organic would be awesome
If you recycled everything
Like on a floating island
It would make sense to keep alga away from solvents and toxins
So it makes sense to use products designed with that philosophy
We need to start feeding everyone
And we need to be smart about it
I still occasionally think of that idea about keeping cattle
In Africa
In a certain way
With huge herds migrating across large areas
Which took care of fertilising and ploughing the ground
Making the grass take over more and more of the desert
Binding carbon
And Lovering the carbon footprint of the cattle
If you have to eat beef
Get it from central Africa
I might have to look into that...

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar